about the role
The Marketing Manager role is primarily focused on scaling existing digital marketing efforts, with a dash of non-digital thrown in.
- • Advertising: Hands-on campaign management across all main channels and platforms, including social media, search, display, email, retargeting, and direct mail.
- • Writing: Creative writing, brand voice, direct response copywriting, and ad copywriting across multiple placement types and formats. Copyediting as needed.
- • SEO and Content Marketing: Analyze clients’ digital footprint with SEO and content marketing best practices in mind. Recommend practical and impactful tactics to increase rankings and overall business for our clients.
- • Marketing Experimentation: Proposing and activating on A/B and multivariate tests designed to increase Return On Ad Spend for clients and overall ROI for the agency.
- • Reporting and Analytics: Prepare regular reports for client and agency to assess campaign performance, ROAS, and for billing purposes. Ability to optimize on existing reporting is a plus.
ABOUT YOU (MUST-HAVE QUALITIES)
- • 2-3+ years in the digital advertising or marketing/comm industries
- • Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- • Hands-on experience with most, if not all, of the channels where we advertise
- • Writing and editing skills, especially if you are strong in one of the following specialties: direct response, social media marketing, SEO / content marketing
- • Stellar prioritization skills and the ability to juggle different brands and functions in real-time
- • A “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and the ability to thrive within a lightning-fast, dynamic organization
- • The desire to continually learn and better your skillset and self; if you don’t know how to do something, you do know how to find the answers
- • The confidence and security to ask for help when you’ve exhausted your troubleshooting ability
- • A sense of humor and a penchant for kindness
Perks + Benefits
- • Team lunch at least 3x weekly (we really should invest in Postmates already…)
- • Company outings and happy hours, often at our clients’ spots (we have to do our due diligence and research; it’s for our job, okay?)
- • Free stuff from some of our amazing local clients:
- • all services and products at a leading hair salon
- • complimentary services (facials and esthetician services) at an expert esthetician’s spa
- • complimentary ice cream at the very best ice cream spot in town
- • complimentary food at a vegan-friendly eatery
- • complimentary coffee and croissants at the coffee shop down the block
- • An opportunity to join us in building something great together.
All perks are subject to availability and company budget, of course. We play hard, but we work hard too, and our goal is always the health and happiness of the company and our team. (That’s how we keep ourselves in free ice cream.)
Our team is a diverse group, but we all share a few key characteristics -- curious minds, big hearts, sharp eyes, and design thinking mindsets.
If this sounds exciting to you, then we might be the right fit for each other.