Does your mom constantly call you to help her out with her computer because she can’t log into her email?
Well, this job has nothing to do with that. We’re looking for a talented Front-End Web Developer who enjoys designing through programming. You’ll take an active role working side by side with our dedicated design team and back-end programmer. (Bonus points if you enjoy a little friendly rivalry--we got beef with the design team.)
Here’s a list of what you should expect to do:
- • Develop new user-facing features
- • Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- • Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- • Optimize applications for maximum speed, performance, and scalability
- • Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- • Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
And another list of everything you should have experience in:
- • Experience developing mobile-friendly, responsive websites
- • Deep understanding of cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- • Experience working with web services and asynchronous requests
- • A passion for working with new technologies
- • Experience working with Git and source / version control applications
- • Experience working with e-commerce platforms; Shopify and Magento experience strongly preferred
Have anything you want to brag about? Let us know. We’re always looking for new ways to solve problems.
Perks + Benefits
- • Team lunch at least 3x weekly (we really should invest in Postmates already…)
- • Company outings and happy hours, often at our clients’ spots (we have to do our due diligence and research; it’s for our job, okay?)
- • Free stuff from some of our amazing local clients:
- • all services and products at a leading hair salon
- • complimentary services (facials and esthetician services) at an expert esthetician’s spa
- • complimentary ice cream at the very best ice cream spot in town
- • complimentary food at a vegan-friendly eatery
- • complimentary coffee and croissants at the coffee shop down the block
- • An opportunity to join us in building something great together.
All perks are subject to availability and company budget, of course. We play hard, but we work hard too, and our goal is always the health and happiness of the company and our team. (That’s how we keep ourselves in free ice cream.)
Our team is a diverse group, but we all share a few key characteristics -- curious minds, big hearts, sharp eyes, and design thinking mindsets.
If this sounds exciting to you, then we might be the right fit for each other.